Intensive Therapy or Therapeutic Personal Retreats are part of some of the most innovative therapies available today.
It involves high doses of treatment over a short period of time, perhaps 2-3 days or over a long weekend. Intentionally time limited, goal driven and depth orientated. Intensives are an opportunity to quickly get to the root of the problem and begin to make permanent changes in a few days. While initially, a larger financial investment, in the end they can prove more cost-effective then traditional weekly therapy.
Some of the reasons people seek Intensive Therapy include:
- To heal from past traumatic experiences
- To navigate emotions during times of transition
- To process grief and cope with losses of all kinds
- To heal and repair the capacity for intimacy with self and others
- To reduce anxiety and depression and increase vitality and joy
- Personal Growth
Pausing and slowing down and stepping into a serene and natural healing environment can be extremely healing and empowering.
You will bring all of your resources and strengths together to courageously turn inward and uncover layers of yourself in the service of deep healing.
Is Intensive Therapy right for you?
Not all clients and situations are appropriate for intensive therapy. It is for clients who are safe and stable enough not to require Inpatient care. Many people can benefit from intensive therapy. For some it can jumpstart the therapeutic process and they may wish to continue via online secure video sessions. For others, it can offer a boost when traditional therapy has stalled. Some may wish to schedule mini intensives for ongoing work. Others prefer intensives because they have a passion for personal growth and
There are many different reasons to consider this model. The interview process with me will ensure whether an intensive is right for you.
Intensive Therapy is for people who:
- Seek more rapid progress than a weekly 50-minute session allows
- Do not have time to see a therapist weekly.
- Live in areas where an integrative therapist/trauma specialist is not available.
- Prefer to see a therapist outside of their community
- Seek to compliment other personal transformational work
Therapy Intensives can accomplish quite a lot, but some issues and patterns can be so entrenched and more gradual to change. If you need additional support, you have the option of doing another retreat, following up with me in person or via secure online video sessions or continuing to work with another therapist.
What is an Intensive Therapy Retreat like
Intensives are planned 2-3 day retreats scheduled over a weekend or anytime. Each experience is customized but generally includes the following.
- Two 3- hour psychotherapy sessions each day
- Techniques to uncover personal resources
- Mindfulness meditation experiences
- Breaks to walk in nature.
- Nutritional snacks and herbal teas
- Time for naps, walks, self-reflection and relaxing
- Resources for body work after sessions
While intensives can be demanding, the hope is that you return home with a new sense of calm, confidence and empowerment.
How do I plan for a retreat?
I am available to guide your experience from beginning to end. We will discuss all of the details to prepare you to get the most out of your experience.
- Pre-intensive assessment to determine if an intensive is right for you and right for you at this time.
- Pre-intensive therapy session via secure online video sessions to prepare you for the experience.
- Post-intensive re-integration to follow up and assist with securing healing resources at home or follow up with me.
- Lodging and meals not included. I can help with resources in the area.